from Johnny... Rotten
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
90 min of live concert from THEM CROOKED VULTURES on video
Koln Germany Dec 8th 2009
Click HERE ( in streaming and ... It's legal )
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
WOW Jesus , these guys know how to treat people with respect !!!
We were lucky to get 2 Madness performances in a day @ Rock en Seine.
ROCKERPARIS was there and captured it on film when Bloc Party announced it live.
Watch it here :
Monday, December 28, 2009
Troy Von Balthazar @ Oliver Peel session # 13, 21 Nov 2009
Christmas gift from Stéphane Douillard :
Check our review from this private gig HERE ( with Pics & Video )
Best gigs of 2009 in Pictures
For much more Pics clicks on links on the previous entry below
Babyshambles @ Neo club and Last show in Paris by Oasis @ Bercy (LOL)
Sunday, December 27, 2009
We've selected the best and the worsts we've been to this year
( NOT in order).
We have some TOP Pics for Metallica , AC/DC, Neil Young ,
Paul McCartney, Blue Oyster Cult & TCV
- AC/DC @ Bercy for 2 gigs in February Part 1, Part 2 , Part 3
- AC/DC @ Stade de France in June
- Metallica @ for 2 shows @ Bercy Ist gig Part 1 , Part 2
- 2nd gig Part 1 , Part 2
- Neil Young @ Zenith ( Part 1, Part 2 )
- Deep Purple @ fete de L' Humanité in Sept
- BOC @ Olympia in Sept.
- Paul McCartney @ Bercy in Dec (Part 1 , Part 2)
- Ben Harper @ Cigale & Studio SFR private gig in April ( he's back with a great band after playing shit for the last ten years)
- Them Crooked Vultures @ Rock en Seine & Canal+ Private gig in Dec.
- Franz Ferdinand @ Canal+ & Studio SFR private gig on the same day in Feb.
- Peter Doherty for 2 shows @ Bataclan in April Part 1 , Part 2 + Private gig for 20 people in a double decker bus on the same day
- Babyshambles @ Neo Club secret gig in April
- and of course Prince @ Cigale ( one of the highlight of the year unfortunately his management team are a bunch of cunts)
- Artic Monkeys @ Zénith in Nov, was really average.
- Peter Doherty @ Zenith, not on top form
- Seal @ Bercy in July ( easy-listening shit )
- Devendra Banhart @ Cigale is -the worst gig of the year- with
- Chris Cornell @ Cigale in Feb.
- Eagles of death Metal are also very bad but at least they are funny
Dead Weather album is average ( Gigs @ Cigale & Canal+ were good)
Them Crooked Vultures ' album is a good album , no more but LIVE they're Killing anybody.
A great record By AC/DC ( Black Ice ) at last.
& "Mention Spéciale" ( In French Please ! ) to the Oliver Peel sessions all along this year. 2009
Saturday, December 26, 2009
"Slash" will see Roadrunner Records enter into a unique and innovative association with a U.K. media partner — the special-interest media group Future. In a brand new concept in record distribution, the standard album release will be preceded by a "Fan Pack," in which the Roadrunner Records album will be bundled together with a highly collectable, 132-page special issue of Future Publishing's Classic Rock magazine dedicated to Slash's career. This will be the first format of the album available anywhere in the world.
In other news:
- Heaven & Hell will be back for shows in Europe this summer with a festival already planned (High Voltage Fest) in London @ Victoria Park on July 24th (or 25th) , ZZ TOP and ELP are headlining the Festival.
- Radiohead will start recording in January
- The Kinks about to reform
- Jimmy Page will be performing in China next spring.The celebrated Led Zeppelin guitarist is to be on the bill for a globally televised event called Show Of Peace. This happens on April 17 at the Bird’s Nest Stadium in Beijing. There is also an autobiography out next year ( Pics by Ross Halfin) and a new tour feat. new music by Jimmy
- The Big Four bands of thrash metal are to play on the same bill! Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax will all share the same stage for the first time EVER!“Look for the four of us at the Sonisphere shows in Warsaw, Poland and Prague, Czech Republic on June 16 and 19, 2010, with a few more of the festival dates still in the works. You can be sure these shows won’t be the only ones.”
Friday, December 25, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Sadly, Cocks is the fourth member of Rose Tattoo to die of cancer in the past three years. Pete Wells lost his battle with prostate cancer in March 2006, bassist Ian Rilen died of bladder cancer in October 2006 and guitarist Lobby Loyde died from lung cancer in 2007.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
They've played @ Planeta terre in Sao Paulo on Nov 7th 2009
Here's the setlist( courtesy of http://www.iggy-pop.com/):
1.Raw Power 2.Kill City 3.Search And Destroy 4.Gimme Danger 5.Cock In My pocket 6.Shake Appeal 7.Loose 8.1970 9.Funhouse 10.Night Theme 11.Skull Ring 12.Johanna 13.I Got A Right 14.Dog 15. Five Foot One 16.Passenger 17.Death Trip 18.Lust for life
The WHOLE gig can be watched HERE ( click on link ).
Here the European dates so far...
- April 16th 2010 @ Festival des Artefacts / Strasbourg - France
- April 17th 2010 @ Le Zénith / Lille - France
- May 02nd 2010 @ Hammersmith Appollo / London - UK
- May 03rd 2010 @ Hammersmith Appollo / London - UK
- August 2010 @ Sonisphere Festival / Knebworth - UK
- August 2010 @ Sonisphere Festival / Sweden
- August 2010 @ Sonisphere Festival / Finland
03. Honey don't
04. Coming Up
05. All my Loving
08. Let it Be
09. Let em' in
10. San Francisco Bay Blues
11. Midnight Special
12. Calico Skies
13. Dance Tonight
15. Bach Party Piece
17. Mull of Kintyre with accordian
18. Mull of Kintyre with the Scottish Highland Pipe Band
19. more work with band
20. partial run throughs of Mull of Kintyre
21. Final version of Mull of Kintyre
02. Drive my Car
04. Only Mama Knows
05. Flaming Pie
06. Got to Get you Into My Life
07. Let me roll it/ Foxy Lady
09. Long and Winding Road
10. (I Want to) Come Home
11. My Love
13. Here Today
14. Dance Tonight
15. And I Love Her
16. Eleanor Rigby
17. Leaning on a Lampost/ Something
18. Mrs Vandebilt
19. Sing the Changes
20. Wonderful Christmastime
21. Band on the Run
22. Ob-la-di , Ob-la-da
23. Back in the USSR
24. I've Got a Feeling
25. Paperback Writer
26. A Day in a life/ Give Peace a Chance
27. Let It Be
28. Live and Let Die
29. Hey Jude
30. Day Tripper
31. Lady Madonna
32. Get Back
34. Helter Skelter
35. Mull of Kintyre feat Scottish Highland Bagpipe Band
36. Sgt Pepper Reprise/ The End
" Mull of Kintyre" :
“With the help of my family and team of medical professionals I am taking responsibility for the management of my pain and am eager to be back on the stage and in the recording studio with my bandmates Joe Perry, Joey Kramer, Tom Hamilton and Brad Whitford,” the singer said in an exclusive statement to Rolling Stone.
He added : “I wish to set the record straight and say that I have read reports of a rumored two-year hiatus and want to be clear that this is completely false and I will enthusiastically be writing, recording and performing with Aerosmith as soon as things are handled.”
To be continued on ...
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Here it is from my mate Ray's gigs from old London town:
John Lydon's Public Image Lted reformed to play a 2 shows including yesterday night's Brixton Academy show + Electric ballroom show tomorrow (Dec 23rd).
Only 3500 people out of 5000.
People with unused tickets for Brixton will gain entrance to the Electric Ballroom gigs which shows that this gig is far from being sold-out.
Line up :
John Lydon: Vocals, Lu Edmonds: guitars, Bruce Smith: Drums , Scott Firth: Bass.
Public Image / Careering / This Is Not a Love Song / Poptones / Albatross / Tie Me To The Length Of That / The Suit / Death Disco / Four Enclosed Walls / Flowers of Romance / Psychopath / Disappointed / Warrior / USLS 1 / Banging The Door / Chant / Bags / Memories / Annalisa / Religion / Encore : Sun / Rise /Open up.
Band onstage for 2h10 min
Here's a video from the show: "RISE":
In other news : Peter Doherty has been arrested for Heroin possession a couple of days ago in England.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
I've seen her a few times in Paris opening for other artists ( Mark Lanegan & Isobel Campbell) or on her own @ La Fleche d' Or at the time when this club was beautifully decorated before the new land lord turned it into a black painted shit hole.
Still playing her quiet folk-rock heavyly influenced by Cat Power circa " You are free".
I'm sure she hates when people are saying this.
Her quiet and soft voice fitting perfectly with songs played on the semi-acoustic guitar and live homemade loops.
She played one new song , she has a new EP out now had a girl called Owlle as a guest on vocals for 3 songs and ended her 35 min+ set with a cover of the Pussycat Dolls (?!?) making this song her own.
Just hope that , one day , she wil play an Oliver Peel session in 2010.
Friday, December 18, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
John Frusciante has confirmed his departure from Red Hot Chilli Peppers, revealing he quit the band over a year ago.
Here's John Frusciante official statement :
" When I quit the band, over a year ago, we were on an indefinite hiatus. There was no drama or anger involved, and the other guys were very understanding. They are supportive of my doing whatever makes me happy and that goes both ways.
To put it simply, my musical interests have led me in a different direction. Upon rejoining, and throughout my time in the band, I was very excited about exploring the musical possibilities inherent in a rock band, and doing so with those people in particular. A couple of years ago, I began to feel that same excitement again, but this time it was about making a different kind of music, alone, and being my own engineer.
I really love the band and what we did. I understand and value that my work with them means a lot to many people, but I have to follow my interests. For me, art has never been something done out of a sense of duty. It is something I do because it is really fun, exciting, and interesting. Over the last 12 years, I have changed, as a person and artist, to such a degree that to do further work along the lines I did with the band would be to go against my own nature. There was no choice involved in this decision. I simply have to be what I am, and have to do what I must do.
Sending love and gratitude to you all."
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
May 18 - Birmingham, UK - NEC
May 20 - London - Wembley Arena
May 23 - Antwerp, Belgium - SportPaleis
May 29 - Arnhem, Netherlands - Gelredome Stadium
May 31 - Malmo, Sweden - Malmo Arena
June 2 - Berlin, Germany - 02 World
June 3 - Hamburg, Germany - Colorline Arena
June 5 - Munich, Germany- Konigsplatz
June 7 - Vienna, Austria - Stadthalle
June 9 - Belgrade, Serbia - Arena
June 11 - Bucharest, Romania - Rugby Park
June 13 - Istanbul, Turkey - Santral Istanbul.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
( To be Confirmed apart from French shows which are OFFICIAL )
Wels, Austria (Flugplatz Wels) May 22nd
Hannover, Germany (Hannover Messe) May 25th
Stuttgart, Germany (Cannstatter Wasen) Festival June 15th
Paris Stade de france June 18th 2010
We had a dinner with friends before the show so we get there pretty late , in fact we missed support bands Wintersleep , The Maccabees & the first 3 songs of Editors.
Yeah I know shame on us.
I hate to get at a gig when it's already started !!!
I don't know why I like them a lot on stage and once again, shame on me, I never took the time to listen to ANY of their records.
I like the deep voice of the singer they don't do too much but in a very nice way.
Great to end 2009 with such a nice gig.
Marilyn Manson on Dec 21st @ Zénith, don't know yet.
Or the acoustic show of the Kooks @ Scopitone on Dec 17th
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Paris Dec 12th 2009
Lots of new faces in the audience this time with lots of American here to see Laura Gibson.
First on stage is french Folkman Reza , cool set, check his website to listen to his music , unfortunately I had to leave after a few songs to Canal+ to see the first ever show of Charlotte Gainsbourg.
The beautiful people part 1 feat Reza & Laura Gibson on the couch
We also had the pleasure of seeing American folk lady Erica Buettner in the audience.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
I arrived there late as I was at an Oliver Peel session and I missed the first song of this gig (It was ok as she played it again at the end ).
Charlotte Gainsbourg released a couple of years ago a very good first album , the new single IRM from the new album sounds good but I'm not too sure if having Beck doing the music is a good idea, I'm not a fan of Beck's music.
Her ( very) soft voice suited the music perfectly for the first record but not really for the kind of music she's doing now.
Her voice is very weak and she doesn't seem to enjoy beeing on a stage.
Without the name Gainsbourg she would have never been signed by a record Cie.
Let's also be fair that was her FIRST concert and she was probably scared to death.
Broadcasted on Dec 23rd on Canal+
Unfortunately Beck couldn't make it , he called sick ; they were supposed to play 2 songs together.
Next time ? ( Dec 14th @ Grand Journal ? )